- About IAU
- Services and Publications
- HEDBIB - Bibliographic Database
- HEP - Scholarly Publication
- IAU Horizons - Magazine
- IAU Global Surveys
- WHED Portal/ IHU - Reference Publications
- ISAS - Internationalization Service
- Information Centre
- External Links
- Global Academy Jobs
- Specialized Portals
IAU 2014 International Conference
The IAU 2014 International Conference took place on 19-21 March 2014.
Organized in collaboration with the Universidad Científica del Perú located in Iquitos, Peru, and focusing on Blending Higher Education and Traditional Knowledge for Sustainable Development, the Conference addressed the key issue of Education for Sustainable Development and help to define the IAU’s position with regard to the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
The IAU is very pleased to report that the Conference was well attended by HE representatives from around the world and that it gave way to dynamic comparative approaches to sustainable development issues.
- Presentations: presentations addressing overarching themes such as “What Kind of Future do we want?”; “The Role of Higher Education in Promoting Sustainable Development”; “The post-2015 ESD Framework for Action: Higher Education’s Commitment to the Future” are reachable by clicking on "Presentations" just below. Direct links to the presentations are available within the document.
- Programme: the conference Programme Book as well as the Speakers' bio notes and abstractsare available under "Programme". Please see below.
- Pictures: a selection of pictures taken during the conference is available here.
IAU Draft Iquitos Statement
In preparation for the IAU 2014 International Conference on Blending Higher Education and Traditional Knowledge for Sustainable Development, the IAU drafted a statement which is designed as one of the Association’s contributions to the UN - Decade for Education for Sustainable Development. All Conference participants were invited to comment on it, and the new draft version of the IAU Iquitos Statement on Higher Education for Sustainable Development (HESD) is now available on the IAU global portal on HESD together with a form which you are invited to use for submitting comments and suggestions on the text. The final draft of the Statement will be prepared for the end of May. It will be tabled at the UNESCO World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development in Aichi Nagoya, Japan, in November 2014.