- About IAU
- Services and Publications
- HEDBIB - Bibliographic Database
- HEP - Scholarly Publication
- IAU Horizons - Magazine
- IAU Global Surveys
- WHED Portal/ IHU - Reference Publications
- ISAS - Internationalization Service
- Information Centre
- External Links
- Global Academy Jobs
- Specialized Portals
5th Global Meeting of Associations (GMA V)
Institutional Diversity in Higher Education: Advantage or Threat for Associations?
Every two years, a GMA is organized in order to focus on and to discuss specific topics of importance for higher education organizations.
GMAs are organized exclusively for heads of national, regional and international higher education organizations and networks.
These meetings are relatively small gatherings of peers and thus represent an excellent networking opportunity and a unique platform for initiating collaboration while comparing notes on a variety of topics.
The GMA V was organized in cooperation with the Northern Consortium of UK Universities and three major topics framed the discussions:
1. Institutional Diversity and Excellence
2. Institutional Diversity: a Tool for Collaboration in International Competition
3. Developing Diversity and Distinctiveness: a Response to Downsizing and/or Expansion
The programme is available on this page (please see below).
Introducing the Keynote Speaker: Ellen Hazelkorn, Director of Research and Enterprise, Dean of the Graduate Research School, Higher Education Policy Research Unit (HEPRU), Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland, introduced the Meeting and focused her presentation on Re-imagining Higher Education: Taking a Borader View of Diversity.